- Miguel Cardona, the former CT Commissioner of Education, has been confirmed by the Senate to be the United States Secretary of Education under President Biden. (The 74, Washington Post, NPR, New York Times, Associated Press, CNN, Politico, USA Today)
- Legislative progress and Covid-19 vaccines reaching educators are two factors creating pathways for partial school reopenings across the country including in LA (LA Times, KTLA, Politico, CBS LA, NBC SoCal, ABC 7) and Memphis (Chalkbeat, WMC, Fox 13).
- Politico, (Juan Perez Jr. Politico Education Reporter): Biden administration’s push for standardized tests irks teachers unions, state leaders
- Center for Reinventing Public Education Report: Toward Understanding Unionization’s Impact on Charter School Students
- Wall Street Journal, Jon Hilsenrath (WSJ Economics Reporter): The Long-Term Economic Costs of Lost Schooling
- American Civil Liberties Union (West Resendes, Skadden Fellow): President Biden: Stop Funding the Policing of Our Students