Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 1/3
2020: A Year In Review
- March 12, 2020 will go down in infamy as the day schools were closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Memphis went into quarantine that closed down all non-essential services.
- Students and teachers completed the 2019 - 2020 school year in their homes.
- GDPST decided to open schools on time, August 10, 2020 and 100% virtual.
- December 7, 2020, teachers returned to Green Dot campuses to prepare for in person instruction coming in January 2021.
- December 11, 2020, the GDPST leadership team made the announcement to push back the January start date.
- January 19, 2021: 6th, 9th and 11th grade students return to school
- January 25, 2021: 7th, 8th, 10th and 12th grade students return to school
We Are A Top Workplace 4 Years Running!
Thank you to all the teachers, administrators and staff for making Green Dot Public Schools TN a Top Work Place for the fourth year in a row. GDPST is on a mission to transform public education, preparing students for college, leadership and life! we know it can't be done without the dedication of the people in this organization who continue to do this work every day.
Check out what’s happening with some of our partners!
In Case You Missed It
Need WiFi at home?
Green Dot Public Schools TN understands the technology gap that exists for families in our communities. We are proud to be able to partner with Comcast to provide six months of free internet service to enrolled families who qualify. After the six months of free service, families will have the opportunity to continue, with a nominal fee.
We have extended this opportunity to all of our current students and have received an overwhelming response. Fortunately, we are able to extend this to newly enrolled students as well. So, if there are families contemplating enrollment but are afraid they will not have access to internet for their students to attend distance learning, we will work to get them enrolled, assign a laptop and set them up with Comcast for WiFi.
Please email your full name, your student's full name, and your best contact number to [email protected] or call your student's school to sign up today!