Update on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Green Dot takes the safety and well-being of our students, staff, and families very seriously. We are in constant communication with the Los Angeles Department of Public Health (LADPH), Shelby County Health Department (SCHD), Public Health - Seattle and King County, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are committed to ensuring our schools remain safe learning environments and are strictly adhering to the recommended policies and procedures of these health officials.
Throughout our network, we have increased efforts to clean and sanitize surfaces across our campuses and classrooms. In addition, all high-touch areas such as (e.g. door knobs, bathroom fixtures, meal areas, handrails) at all Green Dot schools are being disinfected each night.
We are asking our school communities and families to continue to use the following best practices:
- Keep your children home if they’re sick, students must be fever-free for at least 24 hours (without needing fever-reducing medication).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, couching, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Limit close contact with people who are sick.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, cover your cough or sneeze with your sleeve, not your hand.